BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register™ is a free service that allows Australian to self-exclude from all licensed Australian online and phone wagering providers in a single process.
IXUP Limited ABN 85 612 182 368 (we or us) has been appointed as the operator to provide BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register on behalf of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA).
- People registering to self-exclude from licensed interactive wagering services in Australia (Registered Individual)
- People who are nominated to support a Registered Individual (Nominated Support Person)
Importantly, this means making sure that you understand and follow your responsibilities.
Your access to and use of BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register is governed by the Interactive Gambling Act 2001 (Cth) (IGA) and the Interactive Gambling (National Self-exclusion Register) Register Rules 2022 (Cth) (Register Rules). These Terms do not limit the operation of the IGA or the Register Rules.
What BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register does
BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register only covers providers that are licensed to provide online and phone wagering services in Australia. It does not cover in-person betting including casinos or pokie venues, or online services that are not licensed. You can find out which providers are covered by visiting the ACMA’s website.
By registering for self-exclusion with BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register, we will notify licensed wagering providers that you are self-excluded when they ask us.
As such, the effectiveness of the register depends upon each phone and online wagering provider that you use checking whether you have self-excluded. We cannot guarantee that they will always do checks, or that they will do checks on a timely basis.
Although we will make all reasonable efforts to give effect to your self-exclusion, the effectiveness of BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register ultimately depends on wagering providers using the service and complying with their legal obligations.
It is important to understand your responsibilities when using BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register.
If you do not keep your personal information secure, it is possible someone could access your account or information.
Registering for BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register
As someone registering for self-exclusion, you must:
- be ordinarily resident in Australia
- provide all personal information to us that is required by the IGA and Register Rules
- have your identity verified by us.
You must only register yourself for self-exclusion.
If you nominate someone to support you, you must first get their consent.
Providing correct and up-to-date information
You must provide truthful and accurate information when:
- registering for BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register, or
- updating your details as a registered individual or nominated support person.
So that we can advise wagering providers that you are self-excluded, you must:
- provide us complete and correct contact details, such as each of your email addresses and phone numbers that you might provide to wagering providers, and
- tell us when those details change, so that we have up-to-date information about you in our records.
If you do not do this, we may not be able to match your entry with the information submitted by wagering providers and so give effect to your self-exclusion.
Keeping your account and information safe
You are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality and security of:
- your BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register account
- the mobile phone numbers and email accounts that you provide to us
- our communications to you via these numbers and accounts.
Please consider how to best protect your privacy and confidentiality.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that our internet site and the BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register service do not contain or spread any viruses or other malicious code.
However, we recommend that you:
- ensure that all of your devices run up-to-date anti-virus software as a precaution, and
- virus-check any materials downloaded from our internet site and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code.
Using BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register in an acceptable way
You are not allowed to use your BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register account:
- to participant in any illegal or fraudulent activity;
- to send, or allow anyone else to send, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
- to cause disruption to BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register, including to send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code.
When your access can be taken away
We may restrict your account access if you are using the BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register service in a manner that is not allowed or are in breach of any other of these Terms.
We are responsible for:
- taking reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information
- if you are a Registered Individual, keeping you on a register of self-excluded people while you are self-excluded
- allowing licensed interactive wagering providers to query the register of self-excluded people, and advising them if details match a customer record they have submitted.
What we are not responsible for
We are not responsible for:
- ensuring that you have continuous access to BetStop - the National Self-Exclusion Register and your account
- making sure that the register is error free
- advising licensed interactive wagering providers that someone is self-excluded if the personal information does not match.
How to contact us
If you have questions regarding this policy or our handling of your personal information, please submit an online enquiry or call us on 1800 238 786.